I hope you enjoy my first story entry this is just chapter one keep in mind. Thanks so much for Views across the world already!!!
I woke up to the fresh smell of my grandmothers sweet apple pie. The aroma of fresh cut apples mixed with a sugary cinnamon combination quickly filled my room. I quickly got up out of bed and grabbed my house coat and candy apple red slippers. As i drug my feet across the chestnut colored floor the sent got stronger and my eyes opened wider and wider. It was almost as if my grandmother was making this pie herself. I peered around the corner of the hallway and saw my mother recreating the magnificent apple pie. I thought to myself,"there is no way I am really awake this must be a dream." I walked a bit closer towards the counter and smiled. My mother kindly waved back at me with a hand covered in flour.
"Mother," I asked,"Is this for breakfast?" She responded with and giggle, " of course not silly."
That's when I realized what today was. Today is the 100 year anniversary of the old apple orchard on our families farm. I heard a quiet rumble only to find that it was my stomach. As I rushed back to my room I through on a pair of overalls paired with my sneakers and a striped long-sleeve shirt. I ran past my mom in the kitchen down to the sturdy apple trees. When I dashed down the hill I threw my hair up into a messy bun.
I was finally there! Seeing those bright red and green apples shining in the autumn sun just filled my heart with joy! Knowing and apple custard recipe as if it was written on the back of my hand i grabbed six ripe apples. Running back to the farmhouse i remembered my friend Sierra wanted to help out today.
Have a fantastic day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment